An Array of Utopian Flowers
- Permaculture Lessons From Fire: Restoring Paradise with Matthew Trumm
Posted on September 17, 2020 | 1 Comment
- Samoan “Chief Tuiavii” on the Desperation of ‘The Papalagi’
Posted on September 10, 2020 | No Comments
- Candidate Forum for Environmental Justice in South LA with Fatima Iqbal-Zubair
Posted on September 3, 2020 | No Comments
- Flood Control to Free Rivers: The Tale of Water on Tongvalands
Posted on August 27, 2020 | No Comments
- Ocean Desalination vs Conservation and Human Rights
Posted on August 13, 2020 | No Comments
- Permaculture Lessons From Fire: Restoring Paradise with Matthew Trumm
WilderUtopia in 102 Languages
Daily Dose of the Wild
Twittering From the Trees
‘Medicine Walk’ Featured in SBLitJo
Environmental Health Archive
- Posted on July 16, 2020 | 1 CommentMartha Arguello of Physicians for Social Responsibility Los Angeles discusses with host Jessica Aldridge neighborhood oil drilling, the call for a 2,500 ft. health and safety buffer, and how community mobilization is addressing the climate emergency and ensuring public health and environmental protection. Martha leads the coalition Stand Together Against Neighborhood Drilling in Los Angeles. They work in a statewide coalition dedicated to buffers as well called Voices in Solidarity Against Oil in Neighborhoods.
- Posted on April 2, 2020 | 6 CommentsEcoJustice Radio investigates the impacts plastics have on our personal health and quality of life. From food packaging to building materials, we cover the toxins types, corporate responsibility, and how can we avoid exposure. We dive into what it means to support the efforts of frontline communities to minimize exposure by reducing these toxic chemicals.
- Posted on November 27, 2019 | 2 CommentsEnvironmental Justice Activist Jesse Marquez speaks with EcoJustice Radio how communities can prepare to confront the dangers of living around five oil refineries, the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and hemmed in by the truck-clogged 710 and 110 freeways.
- Posted on June 25, 2019 | No CommentsMore than 180 scientists and doctors from 35 countries recommend a moratorium on the roll-out of the fifth generation, 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry. 5G will substantially increase exposure to radio-frequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) on top of the 2G,3G, 4G, WiFi, for telecommunications already in place. RF-EMF has been proven to be harmful for humans and the environment.
- Posted on July 19, 2018 | No CommentsOne billion people do not have access to clean water or the privilege to purchase a filtration system to feed their reusable water bottles -- this is water equity. Our guests today are fighting for water equity in the Los Angeles County areas of Compton and Willowbrook, where the taps are running brown and bottled water has become a way of life.
- Posted on July 11, 2016 | No CommentsWith such crisp and fresh flavors, this salad is a perfect addition to any summer day. And, it is quick and easy to make! Even 24 hours later, the left overs continue to burst with immense flavor, so much that you might consider chilling the finished dish overnight for best results.
- Posted on October 20, 2015 | No CommentsIs drinking water fluoridation safe and effective? New science reveals that fluoride is a developmental neurotoxin and an endocrine disruptor. The CDC tells us that drinking fluoride decreases tooth decay, at best, by 25%. Is one less cavity worth risking a child's long-term brain and thyroid health? Watch the film "Our Daily Dose" and read the critique by Paul Connett.
- Posted on October 18, 2015 | 1 CommentMonsanto’s multi-billion dollar GMO herbicide is one of the most toxic substances ever launched on the public, responsible for cancers and other diseases, and has significant negative effects on ecosystems across the world. California has agreed to add glyphosate, the main ingredient of Monsanto's Roundup, to the list of known carcinogens.
- Posted on May 17, 2015 | No CommentsA landmark documentary on mercury toxicity from vaccines provides a compelling counterpoint to California's move to join Mississippi and West Virginia in abolishing the personal and religious exemptions to vaccination of every child before they reach the age of five.
- Posted on March 6, 2015 | 1 CommentPsychedelic use has played a role since ancient times in healing the psyche and connecting with the mind of the universe. Research into psychedelics to treat psychological maladies, pain and disease, prohibited since the 1970s, is now showing promise, writes Michael Pollan.
- Posted on October 19, 2014 | 4 CommentsA recent documentary, Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret, advocates leading environmental organizations must address animal agriculture's massive impacts to forests, water sustainability, and climate change. Also watch Howard Lyman's documentary, Mad Cowboy.
- Posted on September 14, 2014 | 3 CommentsEveryone needs vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium and others to stay strong and healthy. Courtney White describes in an excerpt from his book Grass, Soil, Hope how industrial farming has decreased these essential nutrients in our food and using regenerative agriculture practices we can get them back while offsetting a large amount of greenhouse gases.
- Posted on September 23, 2013 | 4 CommentsTurmeric grows wild in the forests of South and Southeast Asia and has been used in healing for 2,500 years. Aside from the holistic health community, Western medical practitioners have only recently come on board with a host of scientific studies that recognize the benefits of turmeric.
- Posted on September 10, 2013 | No CommentsCorporate seed monopolies reduce ecosystem health, impoverish farmers, and cheat consumers health and nutrition, writes biodiversity campaigner Vandana Shiva. Canadian farmer Percy Schmeiser found out the extent that Monsanto would go to maintain their monopoly in the anti-GMO documentary "David Versus Monsanto."
- Posted on August 12, 2013 | 7 CommentsA mystical fruit and a symbol of knowledge and immortality from antiquity, the apple, turned into apple cider vinegar, has a number of scientifically proven health remedies. According to John Summerly, it is a veritable acidic fountain of youth.
- Posted on May 31, 2013 | 1 CommentMillions of activists in 52 countries around the world Marched Against Monsanto, the biotechnology giant of genetically engineered agriculture. They claim GMOs will safely feed the world, but a growing body of scientific evidence shows it is dangerous to human health and the environment, and will not increase productivity.
- Posted on May 11, 2013 | 2 CommentsHistorically, farmers have stored, traded and shared choice seed from one season to the next. According to Dr. Vandana Shiva, this practice ended with the introduction of patented genetically engineered seeds. Saving seeds now exposes the farmer to costly fines and lawsuits for patent infringement and has resulted in many farmer suicides.