An Array of Utopian Flowers
- Dead Sparrow Awakening – By Jerry Collamer
Posted on December 4, 2013 | No Comments
- Francis Bacon About Town: Surrealist Painter, Worth Multi-Millions
Posted on December 2, 2013 | No Comments
- Healthy Holidays: Gluten Free Vegetarian Wild Rice Stuffing
Posted on December 2, 2013 | 3 Comments
- Dogtown Redemption: Urban Poor Survive By Recycling
Posted on December 1, 2013 | No Comments
- Welcome to Loliondo: Maasai Struggle Against Game Hunters for Land Rights
Posted on November 27, 2013 | No Comments
- Dead Sparrow Awakening – By Jerry Collamer
Daily Dose of the Wild
Help Us Develop New Media Content!
Maya Collapse at Tikal
Twittering from the Trees
Vision WilderUtopiaDay of the Dead - Danza Azteca Xocoyote
Tar Sands Action Archive
- Posted on October 18, 2013 | 1 CommentValero Energy seeks permits for large-scale shipments of low-quality tar sands oil via rail into their Port of Los Angeles refinery, without any public comment or environmental review. As part of a larger move to transport climate-disrupting unconventional crude to ports for refining and export to the world, it presents dangers given recent rail accidents, the corrosive nature of tar sands bitumen, and the significant pollution that surrounding communities already live with.
- Posted on September 12, 2013 | No CommentsIdle No More Los Angeles offered drumming, prayer, poetry, and healing at the September 3rd protest at the downtown Pacific Oil Conference and Trade Show. Called “The Western Summit” for petroleum marketers, around 50 people demonstrated peacefully, holding down the corner of a busy thoroughfare of LA Live! for three hours, in the shadow of the towering new Marriott-Ritz Carlton.
- Posted on September 5, 2013 | No CommentsDavid Osborn from Rising Tide asserts all new fossil fuel extraction must immediately stop if we want any chance of a habitable climate and a livable future. The climate movement needs more actions like Swamp Line 9 in Ontario, which shut down a pumping station to protest the Enbridge Line 9 Tar Sands Pipeline Reversal.
- Posted on June 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsRecently, representatives from Forward on Climate Los Angeles visited Representative Henry Waxman (D - Los Angeles) to present a letter to President Obama calling for immediate action on climate change and the Keystone XL pipeline. Rep. Waxman, a warrior for the environment, promised to deliver the letter and fight for legislation to solve the climate crisis.
- Posted on May 31, 2013 | No CommentsThe Forward on Climate LA Solidarity March and Rally took place on February 17th, 2013, where more than 1,200 people supported by 101 Southern California organizations and businesses told Mr. Obama: "Solve the Climate Crisis, Take a stand, Mr. President!" Following is a media resource list from the event, including press, photography and videos. Let's keep it moving forward to heal the climate and our planet!
- Posted on April 16, 2013 | 6 CommentsThe State Department has issued a flawed environmental review of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline that ignores its far-reaching impacts on climate and our environment. Tar Sands Action Southern California has prepared a commentary on behalf of 40 groups to be submitted to the State Department demanding a comprehensive reassessment of the significant and irreversible impacts on the environment not taken into account in the draft report released on March 1st. Make your comment by April 22nd!
- Posted on February 20, 2013 | 4 CommentsPresident Obama, we need an energy policy focused on efficiency and conservation, integrated with a clean, renewable energy plan – one that breaks our addiction to dirty and dangerous fuels such as Coal, Fracked Natural Gas, Nuclear and Tar Sands Oil.
- Posted on February 13, 2013 | 3 CommentsJoin the largest climate change rally in history on Sunday, February 17th, with tens of thousands converging on Washington DC and solidarity marches in Los Angeles and across the country to demand: "Solve the climate crisis! Take a stand, Mr. President!"
- Posted on January 21, 2013 | 13 CommentsOn Sunday, February 17th, at 1 pm, in solidarity with the Washington DC "Forward on Climate" rally, join Tar Sands Action Southern California, Sierra Club Beyond Coal Campaign, and Food and Water Watch, along with many more other environmental organizations as they march in downtown Los Angeles to deliver a message - “Solve the Climate Crisis! Take a Stand Mr. President!”