An Array of Utopian Flowers
- Big Noise from Big Band Drummer Gene Krupa
Posted on April 10, 2018 | No Comments
- Loose Nuts: Edison Reveals Huge Gap in Safety at San Onofre
Posted on April 9, 2018 | No Comments
- The US Shame of My Lai in Vietnam
Posted on March 17, 2018 | No Comments
- The Lucrative and Violent Curse of Coltan Mining in Congo
Posted on March 3, 2018 | No Comments
- Iannis Xenakis and the Notion of a Cosmic Utopia
Posted on February 21, 2018 | No Comments
- Big Noise from Big Band Drummer Gene Krupa
Subscribe to WildNotes: Stay Connected!
Daily Dose of the Wild
Twittering From the Trees
- Posted on September 4, 2014 | 1 CommentIn light of the People's Climate Mobilization in New York and worldwide, Sabina Virgo writes on the need to build a movement using the examples of fights for civil rights, feminism and peace, based on the principle that corporate-centered business as usual must end, bringing about a just transition to a sustainable economic model that creates jobs and prosperity for all while protecting our fragile ecological balance.
- Posted on March 14, 2014 | No CommentsOrange County Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) CEO Neil Peterson, who was placed on leave last month, has offered to resign in exchange for receiving a hefty out-the-door payment. This from an agency suffering low toll revenues and misguided attempts to extend their roads against environmental rules and opposition.
- Posted on January 21, 2014 | 12 CommentsThe time for climate action is now! On Saturday, March 1, the SoCal Climate Action Coalition 350 and its regional partners will rally in the shadow of a Port of Los Angeles oil refinery, sending marchers off on a 17.5-mile trek through the streets until they reach downtown Los Angeles. Hundreds of marchers will then continue their journey for 3,000 miles towards Washington D.C., reaching out to everyday citizens along the way on how they can fight climate change in their daily lives.
- Posted on January 10, 2014 | No CommentsPeter Nichols: My generation is being condemned to a planet beyond fixing because political science takes precedence over science science. If world governments don’t come together and act in concert to do something to stabilize the climate, and soon, we will make sure they are no longer governments.
- Posted on October 10, 2013 | No CommentsCongressional Tea Party Crazies, funded by two-too nutty billionaire brothers (the Kochs), threaten to shut government (forever?) unless Obamacare is jettisoned: a healthcare model conceived by Republicans, enacted by a Republican governor, never mind Capitol Hill's over-the-cliff-gang have wrenched more than they even asked for in budget cuts from Obama ain't ever enough, long as "He" occupies 1600 PA Ave. Following are some sane recommendations from Robert Reich.
- Posted on October 8, 2013 | No CommentsTexas Governor Rick Perry (R) said that his wife, Anita Perry, misspoke recently when she said abortion "could be" a woman's right. “From time to time we’ll stick the wrong word in the wrong place, and you pounce upon it,” Perry said to reporters while appearing at a campaign event for Republican New Jersey Senate candidate Steve Lonegan in Smithville, N.J., according to Bloomberg.
- Posted on September 10, 2013 | No CommentsBCnews' ongoing trek through the political tall grass of double-speak and self-aggrandizement, searching for that elusive nugget / needle-in-the-political haystack, called Truth. Today, Rep. Stephen Fincher, Republican of Tennessee, explains why the government needs to reduce spending on the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program that provides food to poor families.
- Posted on May 2, 2013 | No CommentsWe, the People of the USA, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling and other related cases, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights. Join the National Day of Action on May 10th with two marches in Los Angeles.
- Posted on April 17, 2013 | No CommentsDear Rep. Howard P. “Buck” McKeon, I received your letter in response to my earlier note imploring you to do all you can to prevent the completion of the Keystone XL Pipeline. Your words express your intent to do exactly the opposite of what I had asked. And to be frank, your words piss me off.
- Posted on January 31, 2013 | 1 CommentTaking action on the proven science of climate change requires overcoming obfuscation from the fossil fuel polluters lobby in order to implement a policy of increased efficiency and conservation, coupled with a clean, renewable energy plan. A CO2 fee and dividend system could help level the relative cost of renewables, creating the political will to kick the fossil fuel habit.
- Posted on August 11, 2012 | 1 Comment"America could have been a fantastic monument to all the best instincts of the human race. Instead, we just moved in here and destroyed the place from coast to coast like killer snails. Everybody wants power over a country that's had it's day."