An Array of Utopian Flowers
- Dead Sparrow Awakening – By Jerry Collamer
Posted on December 4, 2013 | No Comments
- Francis Bacon About Town: Surrealist Painter, Worth Multi-Millions
Posted on December 2, 2013 | No Comments
- Healthy Holidays: Gluten Free Vegetarian Wild Rice Stuffing
Posted on December 2, 2013 | 3 Comments
- Dogtown Redemption: Urban Poor Survive By Recycling
Posted on December 1, 2013 | No Comments
- Welcome to Loliondo: Maasai Struggle Against Game Hunters for Land Rights
Posted on November 27, 2013 | No Comments
- Dead Sparrow Awakening – By Jerry Collamer
Daily Dose of the Wild
Help Us Develop New Media Content!
Maya Collapse at Tikal
Twittering from the Trees
Vision WilderUtopiaDay of the Dead - Danza Azteca Xocoyote
Global Warming Archive
- Posted on November 18, 2013 | No CommentsIce is melting in the Arctic at one of the fastest rates in human history. Researchers and climate scientists monitoring ice melt in the Arctic have started using the ominous term “death spiral” to describe what’s happening at the top of the world.
- Posted on October 10, 2013 | No CommentsGlobal warming poses a real threat to cities but planners in the Danish capital are taking visionary steps to ensure its resilience – and success – as far ahead as 2100. The city approved a plan for carbon neutrality, while a 10-person team focuses on how the city will adapt to a changing climate.
- Posted on July 25, 2013 | 1 CommentAs we walked, I pondered all of the battlefields that the emerging international movement to stop the tar sands and its associated infrastructure of pipelines, refineries, and shipping lanes is engaged with. I was overcome by the magnitude of our undertaking, picking a fight with the most inhumane and wealthiest corporations on the planet.
- Posted on June 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsRecently, representatives from Forward on Climate Los Angeles visited Representative Henry Waxman (D - Los Angeles) to present a letter to President Obama calling for immediate action on climate change and the Keystone XL pipeline. Rep. Waxman, a warrior for the environment, promised to deliver the letter and fight for legislation to solve the climate crisis.
- Posted on May 31, 2013 | No CommentsThe Forward on Climate LA Solidarity March and Rally took place on February 17th, 2013, where more than 1,200 people supported by 101 Southern California organizations and businesses told Mr. Obama: "Solve the Climate Crisis, Take a stand, Mr. President!" Following is a media resource list from the event, including press, photography and videos. Let's keep it moving forward to heal the climate and our planet!
- Posted on May 3, 2013 | No CommentsEarth's climate is changing rapidly posing grave concerns for sustaining life on the planet. We must first drop the denial of scientific evidence and mounting climate disasters, and adopt a Carbon Fee and Dividend, which will spur a transition to clean, renewable energy.
- Posted on February 22, 2013 | 1 CommentThe Keystone XL is a great line in the sand. It requires an executive approval from President Obama because it crosses an international boundary, a rare “Yeah” or “Nay” for a head of state. Should the President reject the project based on its adverse climatic effects, he would become the first world leader to recognize the mutually beneficial relationship between ecology and economy.
- Posted on February 20, 2013 | 4 CommentsPresident Obama, we need an energy policy focused on efficiency and conservation, integrated with a clean, renewable energy plan – one that breaks our addiction to dirty and dangerous fuels such as Coal, Fracked Natural Gas, Nuclear and Tar Sands Oil.
- Posted on January 31, 2013 | No CommentsTaking action on the proven science of climate change requires overcoming obfuscation from the fossil fuel polluters lobby in order to implement a policy of increased efficiency and conservation, coupled with a clean, renewable energy plan. A CO2 fee and dividend system could help level the relative cost of renewables, creating the political will to kick the fossil fuel habit.
- Posted on January 21, 2013 | 13 CommentsOn Sunday, February 17th, at 1 pm, in solidarity with the Washington DC "Forward on Climate" rally, join Tar Sands Action Southern California, Sierra Club Beyond Coal Campaign, and Food and Water Watch, along with many more other environmental organizations as they march in downtown Los Angeles to deliver a message - “Solve the Climate Crisis! Take a Stand Mr. President!”
- Posted on December 28, 2012 | No CommentsThe US has been through hell with unprecedented drought, fires and floods, the most costly in history. Chance variation? The pattern of disasters and extreme weather evens beat the odds of your neighbor winning the lottery twice in a row.
- Posted on December 13, 2012 | 1 CommentThe Kallawaya cosmovision is based upon thousands of years of experiential knowledge about their environment and shared among many other communities across the High Andes. At the center of the cosmovision is the notion that humanity must live in harmony with the environment. Illness is the result of a spiritual dissonance caused by some sort disconnect between a person and his or her environment. One of the main tenets of the Kallawaya cosmovision is an ethic of reciprocity that is applied equally to people, communities, and the environment.
- Posted on December 10, 2012 | 4 CommentsDr. James Hansen: We can fix this. The answer is a price on carbon. We must make the price of fossil fuels honest, reflecting their cost to society including the economic devastation wrought by storms like Sandy, the toll on farmland and ecosystems, as well as priceless human lives.
- Posted on July 13, 2012 | 3 CommentsExtreme weather events, drought, wildfire, torrential rains, tornadoes, hurricanes, attributable to human-caused global warming, are costing society and insurers bilions of dollars worldwide. Mark Reynolds from Citizens Climate Lobby argues it is time for a carbon fee and dividend to even the market for fossil fuels and encourage clean renewable energy alternatives.
- Posted on March 10, 2012 | 4 CommentsWith "ambitious but achievable" transportation and land use proposals left off the table, California's first climate protection mandated Sustainable Communities Strategy aimed high but did not quite achieve setting the San Diego region on a long-term course toward sustainability.
- Posted on December 10, 2011 | 2 CommentsREDD (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation) purports to combat global warming by saving rainforests, but without reducing greenhouse gas emissions, nor putting the capitalist system and its excesses—the real causes of environmental disaster—on the table.
- Posted on December 5, 2011 | 1 CommentPresident Obama: We citizens for Tar Sands Action in Los Angeles laud your decision to send the Keystone XL Pipeline back to the State Department for re-review. Yet, ensuring climate stability, protecting land and water resources, and launching an alternative clean energy economy will take much more work.
- Posted on November 21, 2011 | 4 CommentsReducing oil dependence. Strengthening energy security. Creating jobs. Tackling global warming. Addressing air pollution. Improving our health. The Union of Concerned Scientists has outlined a US national blueprint for a clean energy economy.
- Posted on November 16, 2011 | 6 CommentsPlease join WilderUtopia and Burbank Green Alliance in welcoming Canadian First Nations actress and activist Tantoo Cardinal at a special Los Angeles area screening and discussion on Alberta Tar Sands Oil on December 6, 2011 in Pasadena. Rae Breaux from Tar Sands Action will also be on hand to discuss the campaign.